Google, the world’s leading search engine, has recently clarified its stance on AI-generated content in search results. The company has emphasized that it prioritizes high-quality content above all else, whether it is created by humans or machines. To rank well in Google’s search results, publishers are advised to focus on creating content that is both helpful and people-focused, demonstrating expertise, experience, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness (E-E-A-T).
Google has always maintained strict spam policies, and the use of AI or automation for the purpose of manipulating search rankings is considered a violation of these policies. The company has updated its “Creating helpful, reliable, people-first content” help page to provide guidance on evaluating content through the lens of “Who, How, and Why.”
Google’s concept of E-E-A-T
Google’s concept of E-E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness) for content creation Updated “Creating helpful, reliable, people-first content” help page with additional guidancePublishers asked to think about “Who, How, and Why” concerning content production
- “Who” refers to the person who created the content, clear identification (byline or background info) needed
- “How” refers to the method used to create the content, transparency needed if AI involved
- “Why” refers to the purpose of creating content, should be to help people, not manipulate search rankings
Evaluating content in this way will help align with what Google’s systems
I started using AI content ideas generators in 2022 to assist my writing
In August 2022, I made the switch to utilizing AI for my writing process, and it’s been a game-changer. Not only have I been able to free up time to delve deeper into creative ideas, but my content has been thriving on Google. The traffic chart for my site speaks for itself, showcasing a steady incline since the implementation of AI technology.
The use of AI technology has allowed me to streamline my content creation process, freeing up time to focus on developing new and innovative ideas. The results are clear, as evidenced by the traffic chart showing a steady incline for my site. The use of AI technology has not only increased my productivity, but it has also improved the quality of my content, leading to higher search rankings on Google. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the benefits that AI has brought to my content creation process.
I have even found many of the pages delivered back from articles I wrote years ago. I told chat GPT about this and it said:
That is an interesting observation. It could be because the language model, ChatGPT, has been trained on a vast amount of text data, including articles and websites, and thus has the ability to generate content that is similar to previous content that it has seen. However, it’s important to note that AI-generated content is not always original and may not always align with the author’s intended message or tone. In cases like this, it’s best to double-check and edit the generated content to ensure it accurately reflects your ideas and meets the standards you want to maintain.
And I think I am cool with that, I think.
We are going to build an AI website using the Matt Diggity Approach
Matt Diggity is an entrepreneur and digital marketing expert who built a website with 100% AI-generated content. He is known for his innovative approach to creating content and his expertise in using AI to drive traffic and generate leads.
In his experiment, Matt built a website using AI-generated content and documented his findings to share with the wider digital marketing community. Through his experience, he was able to shed light on the potential of AI-generated content and its impact on search engine optimization (SEO) and user engagement.
Matt’s work has been widely recognized and has helped to advance the conversation around AI-generated content and its role in the digital marketing landscape. He continues to be a thought leader in the field and is dedicated to helping businesses and individuals leverage AI technology to achieve their goals.
The Steps Matt Uses
- Matt built a website with 100% AI-generated content and achieved 51,000 organic sessions per month and $8,000 in earnings last month
- AI detection software reported the content as passing with a 98% chance of being written by a human
- Matt will teach his complete AI content strategy to create undetectable AI content that consistently ranks well on Google
- The ability to generate AI content became possible with the release of GPT, a language model backed by Elon Musk
- The concept of topical authority is crucial to ranking high on Google but requires thousands of articles to achieve
AI Tools need human oversight
It’s important to remember that while AI tools can be a great help in generating the content, they still need human oversight to ensure accuracy and quality. Creating a proper article outline before using the AI tool can guide the software and avoid mistakes. You may also want to use grammar-checking tools like Grammarly to fix grammar issues and do some fact-checking to ensure the accuracy of the information in your content. Additionally, acquiring a branded domain in the same niche as your content can give you a headstart when uploading your first few articles.
Ai content needs improvement
The speaker suggests researching the competition to find the most popular topics and creating a keyword map to organize those topics into articles. The AI tool (such as Jasper) is then fed a prompt, which is the article outline, and generates content. The content must then be edited for grammar and fact-checking, which can be done using Grammarly. The speaker suggests producing 5 pieces of content per day to achieve topical authority and suggests outsourcing the process to save time and money.
- AI can be used to generate content quickly and cheaply, but the quality of the content needs to be improved with a process
- The first step in the process is to create a “topical map” by using tools such as answerthepublic.com and SEO Minion to gather content ideas
- Matt uses the free AI tool ChatGPT to generate additional topics
- Matt invites viewers to his free SEO training masterclass.
- 200 more topics for AI content creation
- Get topical map ideas from top-ranking competitors on Google
- Organize keywords into proper articles using a tool like Keyword Cupid
- Create an article outline for guidance for the AI tool
- Focus on getting the heading structure correct and optimal word length of the article
- Look at top ranking articles for guidance on heading structure and word count
- Use AI tools like Jasper and manually edit the content for grammar and accuracy
- Use Grammarly for grammar-checking and fact check for accuracy
- Start uploading content on an aged domain or a branded domain in the same niche.
Tools you can use to Assist your AI writing
The process involves creating an article outline, using AI tools like Jasper and Surfer, and doing some editing for grammar and fact errors. However, the process can be time-consuming. The speaker presents a dream specification for an AI content tool that would generate the perfect outline and optimized article with a single keyword input. The speaker beta tested the Surfer tool and was impressed with the results, getting high originality scores and algorithmic optimization without any additional work. The tool is still in development and the speaker invites those interested in beta testing it to comment.
- You can use the Odys link in the description to get $100 free store credit. 7:53
- How to do this at scale: Two options, go full beast mode and turn them out yourself or get some help. 7:58
- To get to topical authority status as soon as possible, aim to produce 5 content pieces per day. 8:17
- Sites like Upwork are great for finding AI tool operators, don’t need native English speakers, $6/hour or $20 per article is a good price. 8:29
- With outsourcing, you save a lot of money but still need to create outline, operate tools, edit content, and optimize it. 9:49
- Dream specification of an AI content tool: input a keyword, click go, and generate perfect outline, create entire article, and optimize it. 10:25
- Currently using Surfer tool which is in development, beta testing available, and adding more to the wishlist.